USB Communication with Fuel Automated Inventory Management System
USB communication is one of several ways to communicate back to the hardware from the HD manager software included with your automated inventory management system. The simple operation of performing a data transfer via a USB stick has been a reliable and easy way to get started with automating your fuel transactions.
With that being said, what happens if the TECALEMIT USB gets lost or displaced? This is a common question that we get often, and is a very good question.
So, let’s break it down:
Can I use any USB stick to replace the one that came standard with my automated inventory management system?—> so the simple answer is yes.. BUT… there are a few things that you need to do in order to ensure that you will continue to have that reliable transfer of data.
- Make sure that the USB stick is less than 4GB capacity, my personal preference is 1GB-2GB max.
- Most of the USB sticks now come with pre-installed software so the next step is crucial. Make sure that you re-format it before you use.
- Insert your new USB in your computer.
- Look for it and right click on it.
- You will see a menu pop up, and click on format.
- That’s it. Your new USB stick is now ready.
The Wonderbox single hose, Superboxbox 2 hose and 5 hose units, HDM Eco 80 Diesel and HDM Eco DEF, our family of automated inventory management systems have the capability to transfer information via USB. This is one of 3 ways to do it with the others being LAN, and WLAN.
If you have any other questions concerning any of our automated fleet fuel management systems do hesitate to send us an email to:
Sales@tecalemitusa.com, or simply call us at 281-446-7300.
Thank you for reading.